This is really more of what I learned from my game fighting the Dark Elves rather than an actual battle report. Me, still being a newbie to Warhammer, haven't gotten all the kinks out in my strategy.
1. The most important thing I learned is never, ever, ever send your most powerful unit along with general and army standard bearer chasing after a flying unit. They should be facing your opponents main hammer unit. I wasted 4 turns manuevering them after the Crone on a manticore while the rest of my army was getting whalloped by the Cold One knights.
2. Bowmen in skrimish formation can do alot of damage in large numbers. For 150 points, the twenty-five peasants I had did more damage and got me more points than all of the Dark Elven side's shooting. This leads me to my next point.
3. The board is smaller than you think. Longb0ws with a range of 30" can cover atleast half the board if not more.
4. Probability is a fickle thing. Don't expect the numbers to always go your way because thats what probability says. And if they even go your way, don't get used to it.
5. Have fun. Even though I got completely massacred and was loosing pretty badly from turn 3, I still had alot of fun.
Another Death Guard Rhino - Finished 2nd of these this morning. Quite useful for running small squads equipped with Blight Launchers up the board quickly
1 week ago